Roy took me to go look at engagement rings about 4 months ago. He took me into Gordon's in the mall and asked if I seen anything that I liked. I picked out a 1 ct solitaire comfort band ring. I love it and can't wait to get it! I know nothing about the engagement plans. I want it that way because i want it to be a complete surprise! I told him that he has to ask my dad before he pops the big question. He and my dad get along great, but he says there is just something about my dad thats seems intimidating when asking for my hand in marriage. I don't see it but i guess to someone else, a marine (in his younger days) would be quite intimidating. But to me my dad is just a big teddy bear.
The house is coming along nicely. The kitchen is all decorated and finished. I'm happy with how it turned out. I did it in a country/rooster theme. I was in the basement shortly after we moved in and in the one corner of the canning cellar there were 6 glass milk bottles from the local dairy farms. I got them appraised and they are all around 30 dollars each. But i didn't have the heart to sell them. I wanted to put them to good use, they currently call home on a shelf above my pantry door. I also found an old enamel ware basin that was well worn and had years and years of coal dust on it. I washed it up and hung it on the wall also. It just went with the theme and its neat also because it was his grandmothers. Its all a work in progress. Just like with every other room in the house. The living room is the room that was next after i was satisfied with the kitchen. It has a few new shelves up, and some pictures hanging on the walls so far. We finally got rid of our old crappy furniture and got a brand new sectional! We got matching end tables and a coffee table also. The tops are maple and the legs are wrought iron. They are quite pretty and i would have to say that they are my favorite part of the living room. Roy likes the sofas because you have to push a button to make the foot rest come out. He says its high style. I tell him that is lazyness at its best! haha.
I have recently started the bathroom decoration projects too. I havent gotten so far just yet, the only things i have gotten are one rack for the wall and a magazine rack. Just not too sure what to do with it yet. So thats a work in progress.
I have one room finished, one in the workings, and thinking about another, so now that leaves 14 more rooms that i have to think about decorating!


No comments:
Post a Comment